Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Food Lovin': B&D Burgers - Savannah, GA

On my last night in Savannah, my boyfriend Nic and I went to dinner at the legendary B&D Burgers. They have three locations in Savannah alone, so if the one on Broughton is packed (or closed, because you didn’t check the hours) you can walk over to Abercorn or Congress and eat there. 
I am a sucker for a restaurant that has an outdoor patio, ambient music, and low lighting. I think that is the perfect equation for a great date night or a night out with the girls, because with lower light and background noise, the conversation flows more freely. We went to the one on Congress Street, and while the inside of the restaurant was pretty empty, it was because everyone was eating outside. The patio was perfect, with a canopy overhead, giant fans to circulate the air, background music that ranged from country to reggae, and TVs scattered about that were tuned to the baseball game.

Here is a shot of the menu and my drink. Not a great picture, but I was too hungry to capture anything else!

We got the buffalo chicken dip as an appetizer, which was a tad greasy and definitely not as good as mine (you can roll your eyes, it’s okay) but still good. The burger menu itself was an interesting read, no only because they have all types of burgers with all types of toppings, but the burgers were all named after historically important things around Savannah, from important families to landmarks to surrounding towns.
There is also the option to create your own burger, which I did with American cheese, bacon, and guacamole. And they didn’t skimp either, I’m talking two thick slices of bacon and a healthy dollop of guac. That is the recipe for happiness, people. Nic got the Whitemarsh burger, which was topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, barbecue sauce, and freshly made onion rings. 

I wish I had thought to take a picture of the actual food, but I was so hungry I just dug right in. Both were absolutely delicious, and if you’re in the area I definitely recommend stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment